D-DAY NORMANDY LANDING BEACHES PRIVATE DAY TOURS FROM PARIS
During World War 2, most parts of France were occupied by Germans. Normandy seemed to be the perfect place to start freeing the country from this regime. The assault of the 5 beaches (Utah, Omaha, Gold, Juno and Sword beach) and the Normandy war represent a turning point in the war. On this day, Germans came to realize D-Day was a real invasion, not a diversion.
Experience a memorable private D-Day guided tour with our day trip to Normandy from Paris with our expert driver-guide.
Visiting Normandy beaches will make you relive a very important day that marked France History.
You will truly realize the sheer size of Operation Overlord: 156,000 men landing on a 50-mile stretch (Utah, Omaha, Gold, Juno and Sword) including the paratroopers.
Reliving D-Day: Normandy beaches tours from Paris
Our private D-Day Normandy guided tour will be perfect for you if you want to learn every detail of this memorable day.
Note that we can also organize a special Paris day tour to the Normandy beaches for our Canadian and British clients. You will discover Juno beach and the Canadian D-Day museum, the gun battery at Longues sur Mer and the artificial harbour, code-named Mulberry B at Gold beach (Arromanches). We can also take you to Sword Beach and Pegasus Bridge in Benouville on request.
Classic tour: D-Day Normandy tour from Paris (option 1)
A private D-Day Normandy guided tour of:
• Pointe du Hoc, where 225 US American Rangers led by Colonel James Earl Rudder had to achieve an impressive and almost impossible mission by climbing the cliffs under fire in order to destroy six 155mm guns.
• Omaha Beach, where your Normandy D-Day licensed tour guide will explain to you both the American and the German perspective.
• After lunch (not included) guided tour of the American cemetery in Colleville-sur-Mer
• return to Paris.
Tour duration: 12 hours
Option 2: on request we can take you to Sainte Mere Eglise to visit the 82nd Airborne museum for an extra 200 euros (entrance tickets not included)
Please note that all our tours from Paris to the Normandy beaches are exclusively private guided tours (we do not offer shared/semi-private tours).
All tours and transportation are subject to availability. Enrich your culture about France with all of our day trips from Paris.
• pick up & drop off at your accommodation in Paris (hotel or apartment)
• transportation from Paris to Normandy in a comfortable luxury Mercedes van
• dedicated tour of the D-Day Normandy sites with a passionate licensed guide
• meals, gratuity (discretionary)
Our prices are in euros & per vehicle/party (not per person)
Mercedes van 7 seater or equivalent
Expert WWII licensed tour guide driving
We highly recommend the 2-day Normandy private tour to be able to take the time and appreciate each site. Contact us for more information !
We are proud to offer some of the best Normandy tours from Paris in the industry since 2000, please feel free to contact us if you have any question.