Paris half day sightseeing tour
If you wonder what to do and what to see in Paris since it is your first time in the city and wish to see as much as possible of the French capital in a few hours with a fun and knowledgeable guide, then you have found the perfect tour for you.
Your experienced English-speaking driver-guide will pick you up in Paris at your accommodation (hotel or apartment) to meet you at the lobby or in front of your apartment.
You will be driven in a luxury air-conditioned van to discover our beautiful city.
During your half day commented visit, your English speaking guide will show you the most important landmarks and the highlights of Paris. He will share with you his passion and knowledge of the history of France in general and will show you some of the nicest areas along with the most famous Parisian monuments .
Whenever you feel like, your guide will manage to make several stops (wherever he is allowed to of course) for you to be able to step out, if you wish to take pictures or simply to stretch your legs, to walk in the Marais or near Notre Dame or explore the backstreets of Bohemian Montmartre.
At the end of the tour, your tour guide can drop you off anywhere you wish within the city limits.
Please note that we do not arrange any pick up/drop off outside of Paris.
The following itinerary of this private Paris tour has been listed merely as a guideline, it is of course technically impossible to drive to all these sites in four hours but your guide will make choices depending on your interests to show you as much as possible.
Discover the best of Paris in a half day Paris tour what would take 3 days touring Paris on your own (your guide is flexible and will adapt the tour depending on the traffic and your interests):
- learn about the origin of Paris over 2000 years ago and see where the heart of the city is with its two islands Ile de la Cite and Ile Saint Louis
- see the legendary Notre-Dame Cathedral, made famous worldwide thanks to Victor Hugo's Huntchback story. We will tell you about the terrible wildfire which happened last year, its consequences on the local inhabitants and the renovation projects.
- the Latin Quarter with its Pantheon and La Sorbonne University, the Roman baths, the Arena where the Gladiators used to fight, the Saint Michel Boulevard on the left bank
- the Triangle D'Or : the Champs-Elysees avenue and its Arch of Triumph, the historic place de la Concorde, the Madeleine Church
- the presidential Elysean Palace where President Macron and his wife Brigitte currently live, the high end Saint Honore and Avenue Montaigne shopping streets
- the Garnier Opera House which inspired the Phantom of the Opera story, the fancy Place Vendôme with its expensive jewelry stores
- Le Louvre museum (the biggest one in the world, for this sightseeing tour we only show you the building from the outside) started originally in 1190, the Conciergerie former King's residence turned into a prison, the City Hall of Paris (Hôtel de Ville) the largest one in Europe
- place de la Bastille where we used to have an imposing prison, the dome of Invalides (site of Napoleon's Tomb and the building used as a former military hospital)
- the Eiffel Tower (outside view) with a stop at the Trocadero place and the Military School
- if time permits, stop at the old Marais district and/or the artists village Montmartre with its incredible view of Paris and the Sacred Heart/Sacre Coeur church.
As a reminder, for this private Paris sightseeing tour, there is no guided visit inside any museum nor monument. If you wish to ad a private two-hour guided tour at the Louvre or Orsay museum to see the masterpieces during this 4-hour tour please feel free to book this tour option instead.
Paris private tour
Keep in mind, this is your private Paris tour and you may customize it the way you like. Just ask your tour guide if you have a specific request.
When you book a tour with us, we guarantee the following:
● Pick up and drop off in Paris (meeting point hotel lobby or in front of your apartment address)
● Private transportation in a luxury air conditioned van
● Private guided tour with a bilingual licensed expert
● Several stops during the tour for pictures or to walk
What is not included in this tour:
● Meal & personal expenses
● Gratuities (discretionary)
Organization of your Paris sightseeing tour
Tours are available every day except on the first Sunday of each month, January 1st, May 1st, July 14th, July 19th and December 25th .
Our pricing is as follows:
● 2-4 people - 465€
● 5-6 people - 525€
● 7 people - 550€
● The Specialty Mercedes Sprinter bus (17-seater bus with driver and tour guide) 805€ flat rate
All our prices are in euros & per vehicle/party, not per person.
Available pick up time:
8:30am-9:00am or 1:30pm-2:00pm
This tour duration of 4 hours from pick up to drop off in Paris exclusively.
As a reminder we only give private tours; we do not share this Paris tour with other clients (semi-private tours)
To schedule your private tour from Paris to some of the most memorable architectural locations in France, contact us today!