PARIS & VERSAILLES PRIVATE GUIDED TOUR
Enjoy this private Paris and Versailles full day guided tour by starting with a Paris sightseeing tour of Paris with our experienced English-speaking driver-guide in a luxury air-conditioned van.
In the morning, you will have a guided visit of the castle of Versailles. Relive the time of Louis XIV (including a drive through the park to admire the Versailles gardens).
Here is an extract from the list of the rooms you will be able to see during your guided visit at the Palace of Versailles:
• The Hercules room with fabulous paintings by Veronese and François Lemoyne
• The Salon of Abundance used as a refreshment room during evening gatherings
• The Venus room with its most baroque decoration, used to have tables offering rare fruits and candied fruits to the guests
• The Diana room formerly a vestibule to the Kings State Apartment and used as billiard room for King Louis 14
• The Mars room used as the Guard Room
• The Mercury room originally the Royal bedroom, replaced in the winter by game tables
• The Apollo room also known as the Ceremonial room was where the throne was placed with its ceiling dedicated to the Sun King.
Of course you will be able to walk through and admire the spectacular Hall of Mirrors (one the very best examples of the King’s obsession with grandeur and luxury) the idea was to pay tribute to the political, economic and artistic success of France and was also used for ceremonies, balls or games on rare occasions.
- The King’s Apartments:
- The King’s Guard Rooms: you will learn about the different King’s inner guards, the Swiss Guards and the Garde du Corps (bodyguards) who amounted up to 2960 at the end of King Louis XIV’s reign
- The Antechamber of Great Dining, used for dining after the Queen’s death (Maria Theresa of Austria)
- The Bull’s Eye Antichamber originally composed of the antechamber and the King’s chamber
- The King’s Chamber where the Sun King died after a reign of 72 years
- The Queen’s Apartments:
- The Queen’s Bedchamber where the Queen would spend most her time, receiving guests; it is also where she would give birth “in public” to the Princes and Princesses (actually in front of a limited circle of people from the court)
After lunch, discover the best of Paris: Île de la Cité and Ile Saint Louis, the legendary Notre-Dame Cathedral (made famous worldwide by Victor Hugo), the Latin Quarter with its Panthéon and La Sorbonne University, the Roman baths, the Saint Michel Boulevard on the left bank, the Champs-Elysées avenue and its Arch of Triumph, the historic place de la Concorde, the Madeleine Church, the presidential Elysean Palace, the luxurious rue Saint Honoré and Avenue Montaigne, the classical and newly renovated Opéra Garnier, the fancy Place Vendôme, Le Louvre (the biggest museum in the world), the Conciergerie, the breathtaking City Hall of Paris (Hôtel de Ville), the place de la Bastille, the Invalides (site of Napoléon's tomb), of course a stop at the Eiffel Tower (please let us know if you would like to go inside to make a special reservation), facing the place du Trocadéro and the Military School) and if time permits the old Marais district and Montmartre with its incredible view of Paris and the Sacré-Coeur church.
This itinerary has been listed merely as a guideline, the Versailles and Paris guided tour depends on your interests and of course also the traffic conditions on that day.
There is no guided tour inside any museum/monument during the tour of Paris; if you feel like stopping for pictures or to walk inside Notre Dame or/and Montmartre on your own, your driver-guide will give you enough time to do so. During your Paris sightseeing tour, you will learn from our English-speaking guide about the history of Paris and see the most famous sites and monuments of our beautiful city.
This tour is not available Mondays (the castle of Versailles is closed on that day)
When you book a tour with us, we guarantee the following:
• Pick up and drop off at your accommodation in Paris (hotel or apartment)
• Private transportation in a luxury air conditioned van
• Private guided tour with a licensed tour guide
• Skip the line tickets for the Castle of Versailles
What is not included:
• Meal and personal expenses
• Gratuities (discretionary)
Tour duration : 8 hours from pick up to drop off
All tours and transportation are subject to availaility.
Please contact us before booking online to make sure we have the availability.
If you have a special request or need more information:
You can call us at +33 624 892 412 / Toll-Free # (USA/Canada) 1 888 988 7766