Your private tour guide in Paris will give meet you in front of one of the statues in front of the museum for a special guided visit of the d'Orsay museum.
Discover and understand the major artworks during this Orsay museum guided visit: of course you will see the must-see paintings such as the Bal du Moulin de la Galette by Renoir, Luncheon on the Grass by Manet, Olympia by Manet, the Angelus by Millet, the Card Players by Cézanne, the Self Portrait or the Starry Night over the Rhône by Van Gogh, London, Houses of Parliament, the Poppies or the Magpie by Monet, and so much more!
Start with the Impressionist Galleries:
The Musée d'Orsay in Paris features a collection of artworks from a variety of artistic movements and time periods, including pre-Impressionist works. Here are some of the notable pre-Impressionist paintings that can be seen at the museum:
- "The Gleaners" by Jean-François Millet: This painting depicts three peasant women gathering leftover grain from a field. Millet's realistic portrayal of rural life was influential to the development of the Realist movement.
- "The Stone Breakers" by Gustave Courbet: Courbet's painting shows two laborers breaking rocks on the side of a road. The work was meant to highlight the struggles of the working class and has been praised for its stark realism.
- "The Angelus" by Jean-François Millet: This painting depicts a couple pausing to pray in a field as the sun sets. Millet's work often focused on rural life and the hardships of the working class.
Discover the Symbolist Movement: Explore the Symbolist collection on the ground floor, which features works by artists who rejected the Impressionist style in favor of more symbolic and spiritual themes. Look for pieces by Redon, Moreau, and Khnopff.
Then with your private tour guide in the Orsay museum, you will be able to explore the Impressionist galleries on the top floor of the museum. Admire masterpieces by Monet, Degas, Renoir, and Van Gogh. Don't miss Monet's iconic "Water Lilies" and Van Gogh's "Starry Night over the Rhône."
Visit the Post-Impressionist Collection: Next, head to the Post-Impressionist collection, which includes works by artists like Gauguin, Cézanne, and Seurat. Be sure to see Seurat's "A Sunday on La Grande Jatte" and Cézanne's "The Card Players."
On request, you can also see the Art Nouveau Gallery: The museum's Art Nouveau gallery features decorative arts from the turn of the 20th century, including furniture, jewelry, and ceramics. Admire the intricate designs and ornate details.
Our tours are conducted in English but can be also conducted in Spanish, Portuguese, German or in another language on request, please contact us to ask for our availability.
Please note: this tour is not available the first Sunday of each month
This d'Orsay museum private visit can also be combined on request :
- with the Orangerie Museum Tour or
- with the Marmottan Museum Guided Tour over a full day tour.
Maximum group size without reservation: 6 ppl. For a larger group please ask us for a specific quote.
Skip the line admission & entrance tickets included in our tour rate.
Tour duration: 2 hours